Home Possible® is a Freddie Mac program that has very flexible credit guidelines for low to moderate income borrowers. It’s available to purchase or refinance a single-family home, condominium, or a 2–4 family home.
If you need some help to overcome obstacles to homeownership such as, having a non-traditional credit history or lacking of funds for a down payment, or just needing extra credit flexibility, we offer affordable financing solutions for qualified borrowers who want to purchase or refinance a home.
- 3%* minimum contribution from borrower’s own funds (one-unit)
- Up to a 30-year term and options for initial interest-only period
- Eligible for Community Seconds or standard subordinate financing
- Available for 2, 3 or 4-unit properties for borrowers who want to live in one unit and rent out the others
- Competitive rates
- Choose a fixed rate or an ARM if you don’t plan on being in the home for long
- PMI required for loans over 80% LTV but at a reduced rate – except in cases where LPMI is used
- Borrowers must be at or below median area income limits to qualify
- Not just for the first time homebuyer
- Available for purchases and rate and term refinances
Median area income limits and property location limitations apply and can be checked on Freddie Mac’s website: Income and Property Limits
- Important Disclosure
*3% down payment on $250,000, 4.000%/ 4.815% APR, 740 FICO, 30-year fixed rate mortgage. Mortgage insurance is required. Rates subject to change. Subject to credit approval. At least one borrower must be a first time home buyer. Borrowers who have not held interest in a property in the last three years are also considered first time home buyers.
Home Possible® is a registered trademark of Freddie Mac.