Higher VA Loan Amounts at Lower Rates!
With loan amounts up to $1.5 million and interest rates significantly below comparable jumbo products, there’s no better time to consider jumbo VA loans!
An eligible veteran is a person who served on active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard, and who, (except for a service member on active duty) was discharged or released from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable; or Members of the Reserves and National Guard are eligible upon completion of 6 years of service; or Unmarried surviving spouses of veterans who died as a result of service or service-connected causes.
Jumbo VA Loan Key Features:
- Maximum loan amount $1.5 million on 1-unit, owner-occupied properties
- Purchase and refinance
- Owner Occupied Primary Residence Only
- No monthly mortgage insurance required
- Minimum 6-months reserves required for loan amounts over $510,400
- Minimum 12-months reserves required for loan amounts over $650,000
- Up to 100% LTV with full entitlement for loan amounts up to $510,400
- Single-family residence, PUD, condominium (VA-approved), or 2-4 units eligible up to $510,400
- Loans greater than $510,400: Single-family residence, PUD or condominium only
- Contributions may not exceed 4% of the value of the property as indicated on the NOV
- Normal discount points and payments of buyer’s closing costs will not be considered a concession for purposes of determining total concession
- Manual underwriting available
Jumbo VA Loan Amount Calculation:
If the loan amount is $510,400 or less please see our Conforming VA Loan page for details on our no money down VA loans.
The maximum loan to value, inclusive of the VA entitlement, is limited to 75% of the lesser of the sales price or appraised value. For loan amounts greater than the conforming limit, (currently $510,400), this requires the borrower to provide a down payment.
Example of the maximum LTV, loan amount and VA entitlement for jumbo VA loans:
|Property Value (lesser of sales price or appraised value):||$1,000,000|
|Maximum loan to value without VA entitlement:||75%|
|Maximum loan amount without VA entitlement:||$750,000|
|Maximum VA entitlement ($510,400 x 25%):||$104,250|
|Actual Loan amount (maximum loan amount + VA entitlement):||$854,250|
|Required down payment:||$145,750|
|Actual Loan to Value (LTV):||85.43%|
- Important Disclosure
VA loans are only available to eligible veterans and/or their spouses.
Madisonmortgageguys.com is not acting on behalf of or at the discretion of the Department of Veteran Affairs or the Federal Government.