Located in Hennepin County, Maple Grove is considered a medical and cultural center for the Minneapolis-St Paul metropolitan region.
Population and Number of Homes
The census of 2012 shows that Maple Grove has slightly more than 64,000 residents. With 23,000+ housing units the population density is approximately 723 per square mile.
The breakdown of the population by age brackets is as follows:
|Age Group||Percent of Population|
|18 to 24||6.60%|
|25 to 44||34.80%|
|45 to 64||23.70%|
Based on this breakdown 34 is the median age.
More than 3,000 workers are employed at Boston Scientific Corporation (BSC). This company is an industry leader in medical devices. The company manufactures a variety of products used in numerous intervention procedures in various specialties such as cardiology, endoscopy, urology and radiology. BSC had revenue in excess of $7 billion for the year 2011.
Across Minnesota only the city of Bloomington has more retail options than Maple Grove. The area’s location and wide range of retail choices draw in consumers from all across the northern part of the state. The major shopping developments are:
- The Shoppes at Lake Arbor – lifestyle center similar to early American Villages
- The Fountains at Arbor Lakes – 850,000 square feet of shopping
- The Grove – designed for pedestrians with a small, home town feel
- Main Street – A number of single story and two story buildings developed in neo-traditional style
Maple Grove has a wide range of weather across a typical year. The sun shines on average 196 days in a year. A total of 35 inches of rain will fall during the course of the year. During the winter months it is typical for 54 inches of snow to fall.
The average high temperatures occur in July and reaches about 81. The coldest temps happen in January when the scale dips down to around 6 degrees.
Universities, Colleges and Junior Colleges
Although there are no colleges or universities located directly in Maple Grove, there are many higher learning options within a radius of 15 miles from the city.
- North Hennepin Community College located in Brooklyn Park, MN
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College located in Minneapolis, MN
- Hennepin Technical College located in Brooklyn Park, MN
- Walden University located in Minneapolis, MN
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities located in Minneapolis, MN
- Cappella University located in Minneapolis, MN
Public School System
All public schools in Maple Grove are served by Osseo Area School District 279. There is one high school in Maple Grove, aptly named Maple Grove Senior High School.
Heritage Christian Academy is the lone private school in Maple Grove that serves grades from pre-kindergarten up to 12th grade. There are a few private elementary schools in the city as well.
Important Stats for Level of Education
For the people of Maple Grove that are at least 25 years of age, here are the major education stats:
97.8% finished high school
50% earned a bachelor’s degree
15% earned a professional or graduate degree
The unemployment rate is only 1.9%
At this time there are no public transportation options in Maple Grove. The majority of residents use private vehicles for work and school commutes.
Popular Restaurants and Other Hot Spots
Thanks to the large presence of retail operations, Maple Grove has numerous restaurants to meet most any culinary need. Here are some of the more popular locations:
- 3 Squares Restaurant – serves burgers as well as other sandwiches and salads
- Pittsburgh Blue – Steakhouse along with seafood offerings
- The Original Pancake House – Serves breakfast and brunch
- Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano – Italian menu
- Rodigiz Grill – Brazilian themed steakhouse
- Mt Fuji – Japanese cuisine
- Claddagh Irish Pub – as the name suggests, Irish pub
- El Rodeo – Mexican dishes
- Redstone American Grill – traditional American dishes
Named as one of the top 100 Hospitals in America, Maple Grove Hospital is a full service facility. The hospital has two campuses, North Memorial and Fairview.
The city of Maple Grove has made many investments to provide several outdoor activities to the citizens.
- Sand Volleyball courts are open to people of all ages
- The Ice Arena has space for freestyle skating, hockey, dead ice and even skating lessons
- Skate Plaza has obstacles and challenges for BMX bikers, skateboards and in-line skates
- The Grove Cove has indoor pools as well as outdoor pools. The indoor pool operates year-round
Why Choose us as Your Maple Grove Mortgage Lender?
We are a Mortgage Lender specializing in mortgage loans since we first opened our doors. With licensed offices in 47 states, we have the staff and the experience to meet any home loan needs.
We were named to Mortgage Executive Magazine's list of Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America. In 2018 we were awarded as a Top Mortgage Lender in Top Dollar Volume by Scotsman Guide. We were also named a Top Workplace by the Houston Chronicle for the 5th year. Finally, we were named to Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America.
Besides these accolades, we are proud that President Ron Zach was named to National Mortgage Professional Magazine’s list of the 40 most influential mortgage professionals under 40.
How to Buy a Home in Maple Grove with Little or No Money Down
Of course you want to buy a home in Maple Grove with no down payment. Who doesn’t?
Here’s how you do it:
Many people never buy the home of their dreams simply because they don't think they have enough money for the down payment. They have been told through the years that they need 10% or 20% of the purchase price in order to buy a home. Well, this is true for the conventional/conforming loan programs but not for Maple Grove Government loans.
So why have so many Lenders told them this?
It’s because selling homes to people with 10% or 20% down is easier than selling homes to people who have little or no money for a down payment. Most mortgage loan officers would rather go after the "easy sale" than try to help people who would rather save the down payment money for a rainy day or for current and future repairs/upgrades.